Topping days with desktop exercise
When man was a nomad, he was uncivilized but fit. Today man is an inventor and user of electronic technology, civilized but unfit. He sure has traveled through Stone Age, Iron Age to Electronics Age but the journey has left him flabby.
Like employees of AnyLinuxWork , most professionals and students rely much on their laptops, desktops et al. Most people rightly think that this makes them efficient and faster. However, what they don’t realize is that these gadgets may be weakening down their immunity system by under-utilizing their body for manual/physical tasks.
That is where, AnyLinuxWork employees beg to differ. Every five minutes, they get up and walk around. They stretch and flex parts of their bodies like wrists, shoulders, neck, back, lower back, waist, neck, thighs to extremities like fingers, ankles and toes to prevent chronic aches.
The latest on IO’s fitness palate is the guidance that they get from desktop exercise sessions. These sessions are held every week for all AnyLinuxWork employees who never miss out on a single day.
The first phase of these sessions involve enlightening the employees about the ill effects of sitting for long duration. Now they have learnt about appropriate sitting posture, which they practiced first during the exercise sessions.
The best about Desktop exercises is that they can be done anytime during the day. Two, they are being increasingly encouraged in the current work cultures worldwide. AnyLinuxWork is one of the pioneers in India that have imbibed it among employees. Here are a few extremely easy exercises that we do at AnyLinuxWork.
Yoga can be fun especially when you know it can help in releasing tension and increasing muscle strength and flexibility. Some Office Yoga tips:
1. Stretching: Stretch with the arms’ shoulder width apart, clasp hands and elbows backward. It can adjust the shoulder muscle imbalance and promote the blood of ministry of the head, neck, and shoulder to circulate.
2. Swing Shoulder: Hold the left leg with right hand; put the left hand behind back. Then swing shoulder from left to right for 3-5 times. It can adjust the shoulder muscle balance.
3. Neck and spinal column: Put the center of gravity on the left or right and take exercise for 20 times. It can adjust the pliability of spinal column and neck; promote the blood circulation.
4. Waist and shoulder: Bend body slowly for 10 times. It can relieve the fatigue of waist and should; promote metabolism.
5. Exercise for pelvis: Put hands on the knee, then put the center of gravity on the left leg or right leg and take exercise for 50 times. It can relieve the fatigue of pelvis.
Is that much of a deal? Not for AnyLinuxWork employees for sure. It is said that the best things come in small packages. Stretching is a little routine that can work wonders and add efficiency to our work as well. Lets do a bit of stretching today.
For more on fitness doses, watch this space!
Tags: ajax, amazing working environment, AnyLinuxWork, client, client delight, desktop exercises, Everybody says we’re fit!, fight stress, fixed office timings, forget boring days, fresh and happy employees, future endeavours, get rid of stress, global meltdown, great work culture, happy days, happy employees, happy hours, health of employees, healthy food, how to fight stress, how to relieve stress, in-between meals, Indian IT company, IndiaSoft, Internet project, IT companies, IT companies in India, IT services, joomla, nutritious food, office infrastructure, open source software company, oversees business, php, physician check up, pleasant, recession, recreation games, regular health check up, regular timing, US client, USA clients, web development projects