Oh hell, I missed my swimming class again! And there goes the sigh and with it a growing frustration on the increasing tummy. But that is not how we, at AnyLinuxWork, begin our day. We never mind if we missed our swimming class. We forget it if we woke up late and could not exercise. There’s always another way to make up for the loss. And the another way begins right from the Green Tea with which we begin a typical work day at AnyLinuxWork.
Wait, that’s just one part of our healthy work –life-style. We give our team mates a chance to compensate for some extra calorie that they couldn’t burn back home. We follow some very simple steps of exercising right at our office so that we keep fit despite missing our usual exercise regime. Here’s how.
AnyLinuxWork Team is creative when it comes to exercising at work place. We channelize our naughty minds towards devising clever ways to finding time for some ‘office exercise’. Whenever our HR guy Ravi is not carrying loads of office paper bundles, he makes it a point to take the stairs and not the lift. Isn’t that simple? Some of us park our vehicles deliberately further away so that walking around the office premises is a way to reach the cabin.
You can also follow some of our tricks that we religiously follow every day at ALW premises so as to keep fit. For instance:
• Use mobile phone to set an alarm every hour that reminds you to stand up and go to the water tank. Have a glass full of water and come back. That way, you give your body a little physical activity every hour and prevent yourself from dehydration by having a glass full of water on an hourly basis. Water is great for skin too.
• Instead of asking office boys to deliver documents to colleagues, carry them yourselves.
• Instead of having the 4 pm tea inside your cabin, walk up to the pantry and have it. Roam about a bit while having it.
• When someone calls on your mobile phone, walk-the-talk. That is, talk while walking instead of sitting.
• Always leave your lunch box in your car or scooter. Then run for it as the lunch bell rings. That way, you would have also helped a bit of your appetite.
In addition to this, Team ALW has been doing stretching exercises for almost a year now. These exercises include stretching using a chair and office table. We do this stretching almost every hour for a few minutes. This habit keeps us alert and prevents sleep while working. This is the reason why most of the times our employees look energetic and active. AnyLinuxWork has also been conducting a lot of activities to make sure its employees are healthy and physically active. We organize trekking expeditions from time to time. We begin our day with Office Yoga. We counsel employees about healthy diet and implement the same in our canteen.
As part of its commitment towards physical fitness, AnyLinuxWork is soon launching a fitness portal by the name of MeriFitness which is going to be a one-of-a-kind website for fitness enthusiasts. The portal is being launched in an international business technology event CeBIT Australia 2011 in May this year.